Tuesday 12 July 2011

Weigh-in - Week 2

So, this is it - my second weigh-in! If I've lost a bit more weight this week, then I think it's fair to say that this WeightWatchers plan is working!

As per last week, I went for a walk at around 06:00 this morning, adding a potentially useful 4 Activity points (potentially useful because I'm going to the member's night at my local brewery this evening - FREE BEER!), before having my bath and then the dreaded moment of the weigh-in.

20st 6lbs - a loss of 3lbs from last week!

Not a huge weight loss, but moving in the right direction! Besides, everyone says that it should be only 1 - 2 lbs a week, although I think, in the early stages at least, people tend to average more than that. Anyway in 2 weeks I've now lost 8lbs, which is remarkable given that I've hardly changed my lifestyle at all at this stage.

 The downside is that I've crossed a threshold that means that my daily points allowance has gone down from 56 to 55. This shouldn't make too much difference, as I've struggled most days to reach 56 points - it's only by forcing myself to have a beer and some peanuts at the end of the day that I've managed it. I did, however, succeed in using up all but 7 of my weekly points allowance this weekend - mostly because I was enjoying the beer that I got from the Brewery, to the tune of 3-4 pints on Friday, Saturday & Sunday! I guess that if I hadn't had the beer, I might have lost a bit more weight, but the point of this plan is that you shouldn't deprive yourself of the things that you enjoy and I don't intend to!

Anyway, on to week 3 and I'm well on my way towards that first 5% target. The plan is working!

No comments:

Post a Comment