Tuesday 26 July 2011

Diet Coke! - Part 4

My campaign to rid myself of the need to have Diet Coke is going extremely well, in fact better than expected! I'm now down to 1 can of CFDC per day, with my other drinking requirements being taken care of with Asda Chosen By You Fruit Juices (0PP), Milk (enhance this morning by adding a Nectarine and some Strawberries) and the occasional beer or lager (if I need to use up some ProPoints or it's the weekend).

So far, I've had now withdrawal symptoms from the Aspartame, so I think that most of the symptoms that people suffer when they give up Diet Coke are caused by the withdrawal from Caffiene. Anyway, I shall soon give up Diet Coke completely, although my wife says I can't do that until all of the Caffiene free ones have gone (she bought a few 10-packs the other day!) as she doesn't like it.

It's difficult to say if giving up the Diet Coke is helping or not. I feel as though I'm feeling full sooner when I eat a meal, and I don't think I feel as hungry quite so soon between meals. I don't have that bloated, gassy feeling that comes from drinking to many carbonated drinks, but part of that is probably also due to beeing a little more controlled about how much I eat. I certainly don't feel as though I'm missing anything by not having Diet Coke everytime I'm thirsty. I do feel that, if I'm in a situation where there is not really any alternative, I can have the odd Coke (full fat, no Aspartame) and not really suffer too badly, after all it's only 4ProPoints per can.

No comments:

Post a Comment