Tuesday 5 July 2011

Weigh In - Week 1

So this morning was the dreaded first weigh-in! Would I actually have lost any weight at all? It seemed unlikely, given that I managed to use almost all my daily points every day (sometimes by adding a can of lager and a bag of crisps for supper, like I did yesterday) and I used a fair number of my weekly points on Saturday and Sunday to have a nice curry and some excellent Rebellion Beer and dinner with my parents on Sunday plus more Rebellion in the evening! Having said that, I did start to accumulate some Activity points by going for a walk on Saturday and Sunday morning.

This morning I got up at arount 05:00 as usual and read the papers on the internet for a while before going for a walk at about 06:00. Half an hour or so later I returned having earned 4 points for averaging 18.03 minutes per mile! I guess I would get fewer points if I weighed less. After my bath I set the bathroom scales in their alloted "weigh-in" spot on the bathroom floor and, with some trepidation, I stood on them. For a moment I was quite dissapointed to see that I'd lost just 0.1 stone, then my brain kicked into gear and I realised that the scales actually said 20st 9lbs which is a loss of 5lb!

Now I've read other blogs (eg. http://theshrinkingman.co.uk) and the weight watcher's men's board, so losing 5lbs in the first week should come as no surprise to me, but it does! I've done nothing remotely resembling anything I've ever done on any other attempt to lose weight, I've not given up anything I really like, I've not started doing any really hard excercise, all I've done is count up the points for everything I eat and drink and a couple of brisk(ish) walks. In fact on some days I've had to eat or drink when I wouldn't normally do so to make sure I used my points. On Saturday & Sunday, when I knew I was going to have fairly large meals and drink a bit of beer, I substituted my normal breakfast or lunch for fruit!

So far, this just seems too easy! I will just have to see how the second week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment