Monday 11 July 2011

Diet Coke! - Part 2

Well my switch to Caffiene free diet coke has gone well, I had my last can of Diet Coke with caffiene in it when I got up last Thursday, so that's 3 full days without caffiene! And no headaches!

Now the next phase is to cut out the caffiene free diet coke too as the Aspartame sweetener is really bad for you and is blamed for all sorts of health problems. I plan to do this in a gentle, gradual way as the withdrawal symptoms can be quite bad (headaches, irritability, depression etc). I'm going to start by reducing my intake of CFDC (as it will henceforth be known) by one can each week for the next 6 weeks, starting with the one I have with my evening meal. I'm also going to start looking for healthy alternatives that will not cause me too many problems with my weight watchers plan, i.e. they've got to have low ProPoints values. I don't want to be drinking water all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment