Tuesday 19 July 2011

Diet Coke! - Part 3

My campaign to give up Diet Coke is going well, I haven't had any Diet Coke with caffiene in it for nearly 2 weeks now and I have successfully reduced my intake of CFDC to 4 cans per day, by refraining form having any with my evening meal and only drinking water (or beer) during the evening. This week I am further reducing my consumption of it by replacing my lunch time drink with Asda's "Chosen By You" Fruit Juice Drink.

The Asda Fruit Juice Drink, seems to be a pretty good substitute, since it contains no added sugar and is 0 WW ProPoints. I was a little concerned yesterday to discover that it does contain Sucralose and Acesulfame K (Acesulfame Potassium). I looked these both up on Wikipedia and they don't appear to be harmful - although Acesulfame K may be slightly carsinogenic, but no tests have been able to prove that, so far. Of course, there are other websites that claim that both of these artificial sweeteners are unhealthy, but I think that trying to find drinks without artificial sweeteners of any sort is going to be a fruitless task.

No comments:

Post a Comment