Tuesday 27 March 2012

Weigh-in - Week 39

Good news - another 2lbs lost this week and I'm feeling pleased. I have to admit I was getting a little downhearted when everything was going so slowly at the beginning of the year, but now I seem to have had some good losses and no gains for the last few weeks. This 2lb loss puts me down to 17st 6.7lbs, which means I have been awarded another "Silver 7 Star", making 7 in all, a total loss of 49.2lbs! Oh, and my daily points allowance has just gone down to 47.

I'm now just 0.8lbs away from my next mini goal, which is 17st 6lbs - the weight I was when I got married on 1998!

As you will know if you've been keeping up to date with this blog I added in a "kettlebell" workout to my weekly schedule last Wednesday. I have to say my thighs were in agony on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so much so that I couldn't do another kettelbell workout until Sunday, although I was able to force myself on the crosstrainer on Thursday & Saturday (I even got a new personal best on Saturday). Luckily there is no pain from Sunday's workout, so I expect to be able to do the kettlebell every other day from now.

I also managed to get out for 9 holes of golf with my son on Sunday, we both played rather badly, but when I checked my scorecards on my iPhone I discovered that we hadn't actually played since April 9th last year - it's no wonder we were a little rusty. I'm hoping we can get out for another round on Saturday, but if not I'm taking a day off for my birthday next week and we'll get a round in then. I'm really very keen for William to play golf as often as he can as it is a great game and I think he has the potential to be quite good at it (certainly a lot better than me!).

I haven't added anything to me repetoire of recipes this week, so I've had to make do with the South American Chilli, Steak in Ale Stew and a couple of other of my staples. I have to say I really am eating a lot better than I was before I started my "diet". The food I'm eating is generally much more tasty, is definitely healthier and I am almost never hungy! This weightwatchers plan is to be recommended to anyone that enjoys their food.

See you all again next week after, hopefully, another good loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment