Tuesday 6 March 2012

Weigh-in - Week 36

Not a great deal to report this week - just a small loss of 0.4lbs but it is going in the right direction. I would have liked to lose more and felt that I should have done as I was well within my points allowances for the week, with the only minor hiccup being a trip to "Noodle Nation" on Friday evening. I really didn't know how to point the meal, so pointed it at 30 pps for the food, which used up my daily allowance and then I used some of my weekly points for the drinks.

This week was a measurements week (I take my measurements every 4 weeks) and I am pleased to report that, even though my weight loss has been a little slow of late, I have lost 2cm from my chest and 2cm from my waist since week 32.

On Saturday I made a rather nice Steak & Ale Stew in our Slow Cooker. I cheated a bit by using a packet for the sauce (Colemans Slow-Cooker Sauce I think), but the beer I used was Rebellion "Roasted Nuts" and it created a really tasty stew. I had it with roasted butternut squash and a small dumpling for a total of 12 pps. It was so nice that I had the last portion for dinner this evening. Next time I make it I will probably double the amount of sauce because it had started to reduce a bit too much before the stew was fully cooked (the carrots were still a bit hard), another half an hour would have done it, but it was delicious all the same.

I'm beginning to build up a good selection of easy to prepare low point but healthy and filling meals, so the plan should remain satisfying and continue to work. I'm eating more fruit and vegetables than I have ever done and am feeling much better for it.

I'm also definitely back into the routine with my exercising on the crosstrainer - I'm doing it 3 times a week and managed to beat my own personal best twice last week (13.8K in 30 minutes according to the crosstrainer). Pretty soon I'm going to have to introduce some other exercises to prepare myself for the surfng lessons in our summer holiday, I'm not really sure what exercises would be best though.

That's all for now, I'll report back again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment