Tuesday 20 March 2012

Weigh-in - week 38

Well, after last week's small gain, I am very pleased to announce that this week I lost 2lbs, bringing my total loss to date to 47.2lbs!

It's a good loss for what has been a difficult week which included a Curry & Quiz night at the rugby club, which included a few beers and 2 portions of curry! I felt quite cross with myself later for having the extra curry, but I blame it on 2 things - 1. It tasted very nice and 2. I'd already had a few beers by the time the curry was served, which helped to reduce my weightwatchers resolve somewhat!

The Curry & Quiz night was, of course, followed by England v Ireland on Saturday afternoon, when, of course, there was more beer to be consumed followed by a very nice Hairy Bikers Chilli.

On Sunday I decided that it was time I thought about adding something more to my exercise routine of going on the crosstrainer 3 times a week, so it was off to Asda where I recalled seeing some Kettlebells at a resonable price. I bought the largest, which was 7.5kg for £12.00. When I got home, I finally laid the rubber matting, that I got a while ago from Costco, on the garage floor ready for some early morning exercise on Monday.

I started the exercise on Monday morning with 5 minutes on the CT to warm up and then attempted to folloow the instructions for a few kettlebell exercises that came on a single sheet of paper with the weight. I got on OK with it, but I'm not sure that I'm doing the Kettlebell Swing right and I do need to have a set routine to follow otherwise I'll just end up playing at it. Since yesterday morning I have found The Cube Dwellers Beginners Kettlebell Workout which I will try to follow for a while. The guy on there does suggest a 16kg kettlebell for a man, so I already feel a little inadequate! I'll try out this workout for the first time tomorrow!

Thankfully the Rugby is now over, so there are no more excuses for drinking too much beer for a while now, so hopefully my weight loss can pick up the pace a bit now - I'd really like to get back up to averaging 2lbs a week, but only time will tell if that will happen.

Good luck with your weight losses, I'll report back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment