Tuesday 10 April 2012

Weigh-in - Week 41

Firstly, let me apologise for not posting at all last week! My excuse is that I was rather disheartened by a completely unexpected gain of 0.8lbs at last Tuesday's weigh-in!

This week I'm happy to report a completely unexpected loss of 1.8lbs at this morning's weigh-in! Why, I hear you ask, is the loss so unexpected?

The answer, I'm afraid, is that I have really struggled to track over that last week AND I have struggled with my exercising too.

It all strated on Thursday, which was my 51st birthday! I really felt like having a day off the Crosstrainer, so I didn't bother with it at all. Then I was taken out for lunch by my lovely wife (who is walking on crutches at the moment following an operation on her knee) and my wonderful 12 year old son. Unfortunately lunch was at a Thai Restaurant and consisted of a rather nice all you can eat buffet, followed by a very fattening desert (chocolate pudding with bits of Crunchie bars in it).

Then, on Friday, I decided to skip the kettlebell routine as I was playing 9 holes of golf with my son and my brother-in-law. This was followed by a pint in the bar, then a lunch at my mum's. In the evening neither my wife nor I could be bothered to cook, so it was chicken & chips from the local chippie for dinner.

On Saturday I did at least manage to do the Crosstrainer and I think things were a little better points-wise, although I did have some beer in the evening.

Sunday was another bad day as my brother was in town, so we all went to my mum's for a slap up Sunday lunch to celebrate our birthdays - another one impossible to point.

Monday would have been ok, but for the nachos with cheese and jalapenos that I shared with my son in the cinema (The Pirates - it was very funny!). I did at least manage to do my kettlebell workout.

As you can see it's been a very difficult week and I am truly at a loss to understand how I could have lost weight after a week like that. I can only assume that, as I knew that most of the food wasn't going to help me, I must have subconciously been reducing my portion sizes to compensate.

As a result of this week's loss, I have now lost just over 50lbs and am at around the weight I was when I got married in June 1998. My next mini goal is to get under 17stones - I will be very pleased if I can do that by the end of May (and extatic if I can do it sooner than that)!

Also, as a result of this week's loss, the number of Activity Points that I earn for 30 minutes on the crosstrainer has reduced from 9 down to 8!

I'll report back again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment