Wednesday 21 March 2012

My Kettlebell Workout


For those that are interested the new workout that I did this morning can be found here:

http://cubedwellerfitness.com/2011/04/kettlebell-routines-beginner-workout/

I started off with 5 minutes on the crosstrainer to warm up then did:

10 x Kettlebell Swings
5 x Figure of 8 in each direction
10 x squats
5 x One Arm Rows each arm
5 x Floor press each arm

I repeated that 3 times then finished with a 10 second plank (pathetic, I know).

It didn't seem all that energetic in the video, but I was sweating by the end.

The guy in the video suggests that men should start with a 16kg kettlebell, but I was using a 7.5kg one and that seems like quite enough for me to be starting with. I think any heavier and I would risk injury if I was to get these exercises wrong - maybe I'll get a bigger one in a few weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment