Tuesday 1 November 2011

Weigh-in - Week 18

Not such a good week on the weight loss front this week - I only lost 0.4lbs. On the bright side, a loss is a loss as the Weightwatchers old hands say and, of course, they're right.

I'm at a loss to explain why I haven't lost a bit more this week as I have kept well within my points allocation, having 18 Weekly points and 18 Activity points left over at the end of the week, which is about what I normally have. I can only think that my return to exercising has had some effect and that I will have a better loss next week, time will tell. Speaking of exercise, I have just been using the Crosstrainer since, as those who follow this blog will know, I have been suffering with Achilles Tendonitis. I have now increased my time on the Crosstrainer to 30 minutes each session and, according to the meter I am covering 12.6 Kilometers. I can tell you that I feel pretty knackered after that, but I must be getting fitter otherwise I couldn't last that long.

One of the benefits of the exercising that I have been doing is that I no longer get a pain in my lower back when I go for walks, so even without the extra levels of fitness and the toning of my muscles (not that my newly toned muscles are visible under all of the fat) I have benefitted from it. I still plan to start running when my Achilles Tendonitis has completely healed, but I suspect that this will not be for quite some time - luckily it's winter, so I'm less likely to be enthusiastic about running anyway.

Anyway, onward and downward and good luck with your weight loss program.

No comments:

Post a Comment