Tuesday 8 November 2011

Weigh-in - Week 19

Well this has been a much better week - 2.8lbs lost this week, which is very satisfying after the measly 0.4lbs of last week. How have I done it? Well I just carried on as I have before - I tracked everything and kept within my points allocation and lost a lot more weight. The only thing I can think of to cause the reduced loss of last week is that it was the week where I really got back into exercising on the Crosstrainer and maybe that had a temporary adverse effect.

Anyway, my current weight is 18st 7.6lbs, a total loss of 2st 6.4lbs! My BMI has reduced from 40.3 (Morbidly Obese) to 34.5 (Obese) and I can now get into some old jeans with a 38" waist! Oh, and my daily ProPoints allowance has just gone down today from 51 to 50.

I did some experimenting last weekend with a Slow Cooker that we got from Sainsbury's in the summer for a rediculously low price and we hadn't had a chance to use. It didn't really go too well as I got the timings wrong!

The recipe for the Sag Aloo said that it should be cooked on "high" for 4 hours, but as I was cooking it overnight I decided to cook it on "low" for 8 hours - this turned out to be much too long and the potato was very dry. I also messed up with the Frozen Spinach as I didn't expect it to be solid lumps of spinach and so it didn't have enough time to thaw out before I started cooking it.

The recipe for the Butter Chicken Curry said cook on "high" for 4 to 6 hours. I elected to cook it for 5 hours, but this turned out to be much too long and some of the chicken was burnt and stuck to the side of the cooker and the sauce was reduced too much. What I managed to save did taste quite nice though, apart from the chicken being overdone.

When I try these two dishes again, I shall cook them on "high" for 3.5 hours each. If the Sag Aloo isn't properly cooked after that time, I can finish it off in the microwave when we're just about to eat, if the Butter Chicken Curry isn't ready, then we'll just delay dinner for 30 minutes.

I haven't really cooked for years, but this WeightWatching has given me the incentive to try some new ideas, I will let you know how I get on with these and any other new recipes that I try out.

Good luck with your weight loss, I'll be back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment