Tuesday 7 February 2012

Weigh-in - Week 32

Well, after last week's small gain, I was hoping for a decent loss to make me feel a bit better - unfortunately it was only a small loss of 1lb, which leaves me at 18st 0.2lbs. As those of you who follow this blog will know, I've been trying to reach my Chrstmas target of under 18st for quite some time now and have had a really tough time of it. Now I am so close to achieving that target that it really hurts - just 0.2lbs away! It really can't be that difficult and surely I must make it by next week!

After my dissapointment of last week, I decided that I would have some Sneaky Peeks (SP's) - here is my SP story and, I think, a pretty good indication of why they are not a particularly good idea:

Tuesday (Weigh-in day):             18st 1.2lbs
Thursday (1st SP):                       18st 0.4lbs   Happy :-)
Friday                                           18st 0.4lbs  Happy :-)
Saturday                                       18st 0.4lbs  OK
Sunday                                         18st 0.4lbs   Happy (had some beers yesterday - watching the Rugby)
Monday                                        18st 2.2lbs  What the ...? Sad :-(
Tuesday (Weigh-in day):             18st 0.2lbs  Happy again :-)

I should point out that I weigh myself at home, so all of these weigh-ins were on the same scales and before breakfast (about 07:45 during the week and about 09:00 Sat-Sun). It seems odd that I can remain the same for 4 days, then gain 1.8lbs and then lose 2.0lbs in 2 days. I am, of course, very pleased that my official weigh in day was today and not yesterday, but I will be interested to see what I weigh tomorrow. See? I'm already back in the habit of Sneaky Peeks! I'd worked quite hard to stop doing that!

I think Sneaky Peaks are even more unwise when using different sets of scales because these can vary hugely. My advice to anyone that asks is avoid Sneaky Peaks, but, if you must have them, make sure you're using the same scales and do them at the same time of day.

Looking forward, I hope, to being in the 17's next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment