Tuesday 31 January 2012

Weigh-in - Week 31 - Aaaargh!

After last week's loss I was hoping for another good loss this week, but it was not to be! Instead I've gained 0.6lbs, putting me back up to 18st 1.2lbs! I STILL haven't achieved my Christmas target!

I'm feeling quite upset at the moment as I just can't seem to get back on to the downward path.

I don't think I over did anything lats week - most days (Tuesday - Friday and Yesterday) I was within my daily points allowance, I exercised on the Crosstrainer every other day (13.4k in 30minutes). It was only at the weekend that I went over my daily points allowance - this is how it went:

On Saturday we had some old friends coming to visit, so my wife decided that she would do a buffet lunch (which was a good idea as they were very late!). I decided that I would just have some fruit for breakfast (0pp). Unfortunately by the time we started eating it was quite late in the afternoon and I was quite hungry, so I ate quite a lot and, as we all know, buffet food is difficult to track and tends to be quite high in points too. I allocated my full daily allowance to this (49pp). I also had over the course of the afternoon and evening 6 pints of wonderful Rebellion "Roasted Nuts" ale (36pp).

On Sunday we had a late brunch of 2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausages, 2 rashers of bacon, mushrooms and a slice of toast (17pp) and then dinner in the evening was a curry (32pp) washed down with 2 pints of Roasted Nuts (11pp).

I can only assume that I massively underestimated the points i used on Saturday and that having the curry on Sunday meant that there was no time to recover by the time I weighed in this morning. I'm going to have a Sneaky Peak tomorrow morning to see if an extra day is enough to undo the damage. I will post a special report to let you know the result.

This coming weekend will also be a tricky one, although I plan to be a bit more careful with what I eat, as I shall be watching Scotland v England in the Six Nations on Saturday. Obviously there will be an amount of ale consumed, but I will ensure that it is well within my points allowances and I shall make a point of not overindulging on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment