Tuesday 3 January 2012

Weigh-in - Week 27

Well this morning's weigh in was number 27 and showed a loss of 0.6lbs since last week's 3.6lb post Christmas and Boxing day weigh-in gain. I suppose a gain of only 3lbs over the Christmas and New Year fortnight is not really too bad.

I will admit to being a little less than vigilant with my tracking over these past 2 weeks, but I did try to be a little bit careful with my intake of the bad stuff. The problem is that there is so much bad stuff to contend with at this time of the year. I'd like to take this opportunity to ask - why is it that people, who supposedly love me, gave me chocolates for Christmas (including my wife!)? I got 3 large Toblerone's, which I haven't opened yet, but they will be sitting in the fridge tempting me until I do! I will try and eat them one triangle at a time over the next few weeks, but I just know that sooner or later I will binge on one! Probably the white chocolate one!

I've not been doing any exercise over christmas due to the return of my man-flu (cold) which came back with a vengeance on Boxing day and remains with me still. This means that I have used my Cross-trainer just once since early December! I just know that I will struggle to get back into the routine if my cold doesn't clear up soon, but I will just have to force myself to do it!

This being the beginning of January I suppose it is time for New Year's Resolutions, so here goes with mine:

  1. To continue to lose weight - that looks really good on the page, the word continue 
  2. To continue to get fit - it's that word, continue, again! It still looks good!
  3. To participate in a 5k run, preferably with sponsorship - money raised to go to Cystic Fibrosis.
  4. To learn to surf when I'm holidaying in France in August.
I think that's sufficient - item 3 does depend on me being able to start jogging/running without any re-occurence of my Achilles Tendonitis, which still hasn't fully cleared up. I will also need to introduce some core strength and agility exercises if I am to learn to surf as standing up on the surf board will require that.

So happy New Year to both of my readers, I hope you had a good Christmas and, like me, that you are happy with any small weight adjustments that Christmas and New Year delivered. Now it's time to get back on track, lose any small gains and continue down the path to a healthy new you!

No comments:

Post a Comment