Tuesday 24 January 2012

Weigh-in - Week 30 - Oh so close!

I'm so close to my target of getting below 18st that it hurts! At my weigh in this morning I was delighted to register a loss of 2.8lbs, which puts my current weight at 18st 0.6lbs!

It's been my best week for a long time as I am now fully recovered from the illness that affected me over Christmas and the New Year. I've been tracking much better (by which I mean I've avoided the odd bit of comfort food that's just been too small to bother tracking!) plus I've been back exercising of the crosstrainer on a regular basis (every other day) which gives me activity points. Now I don't normally use my Activity Points, I find that my Daily and Weekly Points allowances are enough, but I do think of them as a kind of buffer zone for those odd little treats that don't normally get pointed (like a triangle of Toblerone, for instance, or a handful of peanuts).

I've also been getting more adventurous in the kitchen. On Saturday I made "The Hairy Bikers' South American Chilli Con Carne", this recipe is unusual in that it uses Black Beans instead of Kidney Beans. It took about 3 hours to cook, but the end result was absolutely delicious (possibly the best Chilli I've had for a very long time) and at only 13 Points per Serving it fits in with Weight Watchers quite nicely - I had it with about 10 points worth of Rice and a little bit of garlic bread and washed it down with some beer from my weekly allowance. I've got some maturing in the refirdgerator, so will probably have some tonight (if my current culinary experiment, home made chicken soup, doesn't work out) or tomorrow.

I have to say, I'm feeling a lot happier about this weight loss journey that I have been for the last few weeks, where I seem to have been stuck on a bit of a hilly plateaux. Hopefully this week's loss is the return to the downhill slopes - time will tell!

Good luck with your own weight loss program, see you next week for another report!

No comments:

Post a Comment