Tuesday 4 October 2011

Weigh-in - Week 14

After last week's fantastic loss I really didn't expect much this week, especially after my 39 point breakfast on Saturday, and, sure enough, the loss was small - 0.6lbs! Not bad, though, as I was anticipating an STS (Stayed The Same) or, worse, a slight gain. My weight is now down to 19st 1.6lbs.

You may be wondering how I managed to have a breakfast of 39 ProPoints - it's really quite simple, I was watching England struggling to beat Scotland at the local Rugby club. I did quite well to limit myself to just 3 pints of beer, but by the start of the second half everyone around me had had a full English breakfast and I could resist no longer! This probably wouldn't have been too bad, but Mrs TBI decided that we would have an Indian Curry for dinner that evening (and I had to wash that down with some more beer!). In the end I used up 87 ProPoints in one day, something of a record for me. I have decided that I won't be having a curry for dinner on this coming Saturday because I expect the breakfast will be much the same since I will be watching England v France!

Yesterday I decided to start the "Couch 2 5K" plan to enable me to run 5K on the road. I'm pretty sure that I already have the fitness level required to do 5K on the road, but I think my leg muscles and joints need to be introduced to it quite slowly. Yesterday I did Week 1, Day 1 which is a 5 minute walk to warm up followed by 8 cycles of 1 minute of running and 1.5 minutes of walking with a 5 minute walk at the end. I managed this quite easily and the next 2 runs are the same. Even though it was quite easy, I don't intend to skip parts of the plan, so it will take me about 9 weeks to get up to the point where I am running, of the road, for a full 30 minutes. It might take me a bit longer becuase I want to carry on with the Crosstrainer and the Wii Fit Jogging too, so there aren't really enough days in the week to do them all.

Apart from the excesses of Saturday, my eating plan has gone well, I'm still finding it remarkably easy to stick to the WeightWatchers ProPoints plan and, even allowing for 87 points on Saturday, I only ended up using up about 9 Activity Points this week. I normally see using Activity Points as an indication that I've overindulged! I'm sure that as time goes on I may come to rely on Activity Points as my daily points allowance drops and this is probably as it should be.

For the next week, may aim is to lose 2lbs to take me down to below 19 stones which will geive me a total loss of just over 2 stones which I think is a good milestone to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment