Tuesday 18 October 2011

Weigh-in - Week 16

Eighteen - with a bullet!
Unfortunately I couldn't find an image for "Eighteen with a bullet" so this one will have to do!

I'm really pleased that, after last weeks gain of 1.4lbs, I have lost 3.8 lbs to take me into the 18 stone region. I am now 18stones 13.2lbs which means that I've now lost a total of 2stones 0.8lbs and am just 0.6lbs away from my 10% target. Oh, and I have gone down another ProPoint in my daily ProPoints allowance.

This week I found it somewhat easier to keep within my allowances, since I didn't go to the Rugby club to watch the Rugby World Cup Semi Final matches, since England are no longer in the competition. Instead I stayed at home and watched a woeful France beat an unlucky Wales (who I'm sure would have thrashed France if they'd had a full team) and then a Rampant New Zealand beat an avarage Australia (who STILL don't seem capable of scrummaging). I think the final is pretty much a foregone conclusion - France - "not many", New Zealand - "lots". I suspect the better game to watch will be the 3rd place play-off between Wales & Australia.

I haven't done any exercise at all this week as my Achilles Tendon still hurts a little first thing in the morning. The pain normally subsides once I've moved about a bit, but it does come back after a period of activity - this is a vast improvement as it used to hurt all the time and walking was painful. I went to see my doctor about it yesterday and she said that there didn't appear to be any damage to the tendon, so that's good. She also gave me some stretching exercises to do to try and resolve the problem and said that I should be ok to do the Crosstrainer, which I was going to do this morning, but I overslept and didn't wake up 'till nearly 6.00AM. I will do the crosstrainer tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I found myself with 20 ProPoints unused at the end of the day! I often find that I have 5 to 10 points left over and sometimes I use them up by having a beer or a bag of crisps, but 20 points is a lot. I decided that I would have a bar of chocolate - Green & Blacks - it was lovely and 10 points for 100g seemed very reasonable. It tasted very nice, but I certainly wouldn't want to waste points on it if I was running short as it didn't seem to be very filling.

All in all, a very pleasing week on the weight loss front, let's hope that next week is equally good! I've set myself a mini target of under 18stones by Christmas - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment