Tuesday 30 August 2011

Weigh-in - Week 9 (Beer 'n' Burgers)


Well after a long weekend of overindulgence I have managed to Stay The Same. Normally I would be dissapointed with this, but as I was at a party on Saturday Night where I honestly lost count of the number of beers I had, followed by a Bar-b-que on Sunday afternoon where the ale was also flowing quite well, I think I've done very well not to register a gain. This of course was not helped by the fact that I had to have a couple of pints when I was at the rugby club watching England's victory against Ireland in the pre World Cup friendly.

For those of you who think it's shocking that I should lose count of the number of pints I had on Saturday night, I should explain that I only poured myself one pint, direct from the barrel, unfortunately this was a magic, never ending pint! Everytime it got down to less than half full, it miraculously refilled itself! It's very difficult to keep track when that happens.

In fact, strictly speaking I've lost 0.6lb this week, but I cheated a little last week to ensure that I reached my 5% goal! I didn't mention last week that my scales have started registering 10ths of a lb since falling from 20st to 19st - as my 5% goal was 19st 13.3lbs and I actually registered 19st 13.6lbs on the scales, I took a bit of poetic license and recorded it as 19st 13lbs exactly, which is what I weighed today. My next target is 10% of my starting weight, which is 18st 12.6lbs and I promise, from now on, to record the 10ths of a lb (so long as I don't go back up above 20st of course).

I experimented with another low point recipe from the WW web site last week - it was a Chicken and Chorizo Gumbo, 5PP's per portion (or 11PP's if you eat half of it in one go!). I had it with a Warburtons Squarish Wrap to soak up the sauce and it was very tasty! I'm sure it would have tasted even better if I had followed the recipe more closely. Anyway, that's now 2 recipe's that I can add to my arsenal of low point meals for when I start to really need them, or for when I need to keep the points low before going out for a few beers.

I managed to stick with the excercise regime of Walking, Wii Fit Jogging, Crosstrainer, rest day and repeat. In fact on Sunday, even after all the beer and feeling a little groggy, I managed a new walking record to average 14.51 minutes per mile! Then, on Monday, I increased my Wii Fit Jogging from 20 minutes to 30 minutes and did, according the the Wii, 10781 metres. I don't believe the Wii Fit distances are in any way accurate, but they do seem to be consistent between jogs so they are a guide for me. It's a good job I'm doing the excercise as this wek, for the first time, I used up all of my weekly points and 10 Activity points!

Hopefully, this coming week shouldn't be quite so difficult to track and should be relatively easy to keep within the points limits. I'm going out for a meal on Friday eveneing to celebrate the birthday of a friend of my wife. I don't expect to be going overboard at this event and I don't have anything planned for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment