Tuesday 23 August 2011

Weigh-in - Week 8

Finally I've reached my teens!

After being over 20 stones for at least 2 years, I've finally managed to drop down below it! I'm really pleases as it means I've reached my first target of losing 5% of may starting weight, I've also lost my 2nd 7lbs.

This morning's weigh-in showed a loss of 2lbs from last week and now puts me down to 19st 13lbs! I am really very happy as I have achieved the last 3lbs loss while on holiday in Cornwall, where I found it very difficult to track, I wasn't able to get a lot of my normal exercising in and I didn't do any swimming or bodyboarding in the sea, as it was freezing cold! Next year, if we go to Cornwall, I am planning to be thin enough to be able to fit in to a wetsuit!

I think that, where I have been successful is that, although it was difficult to accurately track much of what I consumed over the period of my holiday, I was able to compensate by ensuring that I stuck to my normal breakfast and didn't have excessively large portions of anything. Also, when I had a Cornish Pasty, I didn't have a portion of chips as well! I kept any hunger at bay by ensuring that I had plenty of fruit to hand.

Having successfully negotiated the potential banana skin of a holiday, I am now back into the normal routine of exercise and tracking - made more difficult today as my boss is taking me out for a curry this lunchtime to say goodbye to a colleague who is leaving. I should be ok though as I skipped my glass of milk this morning and am planning to have a Warburtons Square Wrap Pizza for my dinner this evening, so hopefully I should just about remain within my 54 ProPoints for the day. If not, I shall have to use some weeklies, although I want to save them for the 2 bar-b-ques that I am going to this weekend, which will both involve large amounts of Ale (Rebellion of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment