Tuesday 16 August 2011

Weigh-in - Week 7

This week I discovered for myself the perils of the "Sneaky Peek"!

After feeling a bit deflated by my STS last week, I decided that I would have a Sneaky Peak on Friday morning, before setting off on our holiday in Cornwall. It was fantastic, the scales showed 19st 12.4lbs! Unfortunately I have had my official Weigh-in this morning and they showed 20st 1lb, a loss of only 1lb since my last official weigh-in.

While I'm disappointed that I didn't stay below 20st, I am still pleased to have registered a loss on the scales, after all I am on holiday and so my WeightWatching is not as easy as it would normally be. I'm having to estimate quite a lot, and it is possible that I'm underestimating rather than overestimating the points (although I would be surprised if this is happening a lot.

I have done a little bit less exercise this week, as my wife doesn't want me walking along the Cornish country lanes first thing in the morning. I had thought that I might make up for this by doing some body boarding with my son, but when we were at the beach on Saturday the water was freezing. I would have been the only person in the water without a wetsuit on. I did try to get in, I got as far as waist deep but my gentleman's parts felt like they were going to drop off, so I retired to the water's edge to watch my son. The water was warmer on Sunday, but by the time I realised this, the tide had come in and it was time for us to leave. Yesterday it rained and it looks like we'll have more rain today, so I don't think I'll be doing any bodyboarding today either. I have promised my son (an myself) that next year I will be fit and agile enough to take some surfing lessons with him! I think we'll go somewhere warmer for that though.

Anyway, not a bad result this week, but not a great one either. Onwards and downwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment