Tuesday 12 February 2013

Weigh-in - Week 85

Well it's been a long time since my last post and many (both) of you may have been thinking that I'd given up trying to lose weight. You'd be wrong, I just gave up posting for a while because I just got to the point where I really couldn't think of anything to write about, so I took a few weeks off blogging.

In the time since my last blog, we've had Christmas and, unfortunately I didn't achieve my Christmas target (to be under 16 stones), although I did get quite close as on my weigh-in for the week before Christmas I was down to 16st 0.8lbs and I was hopeful that the Christmas day weigh-in would yield a good result - it wasn't to be, I'd put on 3lbs before Christmas lunch! Since then I've been hovering between 16st3lbs and 16st6lbs, with this morning's weigh-in bringing me back down to 16st3.2lbs.

I have been a little tardy with my exercise since Christmas, particularly since the Snow in January as it was really much too cold to be using the Crosstrainer in the garage in the mornings. I have kept up with the Yoga, though and I do seem to be getting a little more flexible. I haven't used my kettlebells for months so I will need to restart that when in gets a little warmer.

I must tell you about one of the Christmas presents we got for my son as it turned out to be great fun for both him and me! We bought a ticket for 2 to go Indoor Skydiving at Bodyflight in Bedford. The ticket allowed us to each have a solo skydive and then to have 2 flights together. It really was great fun and it is something I wouldn't have been able to do when I was 21stones (I think there is a weight limit of 18stones, but if you're interested you should check as I might be wrong). If you live within driving range of Bedford (actually there's another organisation that does it at Milton Keynes and Manchester) I can really recommend it.



Another thing that they do at the same location is Indoor Surfing and we are booked in to do that on this coming Sunday, so hopefully I'll be able to tell you about that next week.

Losing all this weight really has given me a new lease of life, I would never ever have thought of trying Surfing or Indoor Skydiving when I was a fat bloater!

Another thing that has happened since the new year is that a mathematician has published a new calculation for determining a healthy BMI. According to the new calculator I am already overweight, rather than needing to lose another 6lbs to get there! Needless to say I like this new calculator. I still think that the BMI is a flawed scale, so I shall stop losing weight when I feel that I'm comfortable, rather than when I get to a "normal" BMI, which I think is an excessively low weight for me.

Anyway, that's my post for this week, I'll try and post again next week to tell you how my son and I get on at the Indoor Surfing.

ThinBlokeInside.




No comments:

Post a Comment