Tuesday 18 September 2012

Weigh-in - week 64

Well that's nearly half of the holiday weight gain gone - I lost 1lb at this morning's weigh-in, putting my current weight at 16st 8.6lbs. Obviously my first target for now is to lose the remaining 2.2lbs and get back to the weight I was before my holiday, after that my target is to be "overweight by christmas"! to do this I need to be 15st 11lbs or, preferably, less. I've got 15 weeks to do it and, according to my "Ultimate Value Diary" app on my iPhone, it'll take me 13 weeks at my current average weekly loss - it's definitely doable! Maybe, when I get to "overweight" I will start to think about my goal weight, I'm not sure it's going to be in the "normal" range though, I'm already being told "don't lose too much"!

Normal, for me according to the app is 13st 2lbs, according to the BBC BMI Calculator it's 13st 6lbs and overweight is 16st 1lb! I wonder why there's a 4lb difference? Perhaps I should just go by the BBC Calculator?

On the exercise front, I've been very good at keeping up with my crostrainer routine, but terrible with the kettlbells (in fact, I haven't done a routine with the 'bells all week). I did, however, attend my first yoga class last Friday. It was interesting and very difficult for me to achieve many of the poses, but the instructor was very helpful and was able to tell me how to get the best out of what I was able to do. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was able to move everything perfectly normally the following morning. I'll be going back again this Friday and, hopefully, it will become a regular activity for me and I will find it easier as time goes on. The aim of the yoga, as my reader will know, is to get more flexible so that I find it easier to stand up on a surf board when I next get a chance to try surfing. I'm not sure that one yoga class a week will be enough but, as I start to get used to the poses, I will try and so some of them at home in between classes.

That's all from me this week, if you too are trying to lose weight, good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment