Tuesday 14 August 2012

Weigh-in - week 59

Holiday Target Achieved!

I'm very pleased to say that, after continuing with my reduced fruit intake, I have managed to achieve my target of under 16 1/2 stones in time for my holiday (which starts on Friday). At my weigh-in this morning I have lost 1.4lbs, bringing my current weight to 16st 6.4lbs! My aim for the holiday is to try and enjoy myself, without worrying too much about what I am eating and drinking, but to come back and still be below 17stones. I'm hoping that, as I expect to be fairly active throughout the holiday, I should be able to get away without any extra indulgences causing too much damage.

This week I tried a new recipe - The Hairy Dieters Skinny Lasagne. In case you're not aware of it, the Hairy Bikers have realised that all of the hearty food that they have been eating over the years has taken it's toll and they are now well and truely fat! In truth, neither of them are as fat as I was when I started, but they are pretty big. To try and do something about this, they have embarked on a diet, but they are customising many of their favourite dishes so that they taste as good, but are significantly healthier. The first of these was Lasagne, where they made a reduced calory sauce and replaced the pasta with leeks. I made this for Sunday lunch this week and it was a great success! I've got a portion left over which I shall be having for dinner this evening and I shall definitely be making it again. You can find the recipe here, but be warned it is a bit time consuming to prepare.

My exercising this week was a bit more regular - I managed to use the crosstrainer twice and I did my kettlebell exercises twice. I'll get one more crosstrainer session and one more kettlebell session in before I leave for my holiday (Mrs TBI has told me not to exercise on Friday morning as she doesn't want my sweaty exercise cloths lying around for 2 weeks before they get a chance to be washed!). I shall be taking my kettlebell with me as it doesn't take up much space in the car, but I will miss the crosstrainer (I hope I don't struggle to get back on it when I return).

So the next couple of weeks will be taken up with a couple of 9-hole rounds of golf, at least one theme park visit, swimming in the pool, body boarding in the sea, surfing lessons and whatever else Mrs TBI and Master TBI decide they want to do. This is very active compared to my normal, office bound, life! Hopefully we will also be able to enjoy some good food and wine, but not too much!

I'll report back again after my holiday!
Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment