Tuesday 7 August 2012

Weigh-in - week 58

Well, for those of you who have been wondering about my experiment with a reduced fruit intake, I can tell you that the experiment appears to have been a success! I have lost 2.2lbs this week, which brings my weight down to 16st 7.8lbs with another week to go before my holiday. I intend to continue with the reduced fruit intake as it does seem to have made a difference for me.

I treated myself to a fish n chip dinner from the chip shop on Saturday evening and I think it was a mistake, as I spent quite a lot of Saturday evening in the smallest room in the house. I think it will be a while before I do that again, I'll stick to the oven baked fish & chips for now. We also had a barbeque on Sunday afternoon, with good friends and lots of food and beer, so to lose 2.2lbs is a pretty good result after that.

I've been very good at sticking with the crosstrainer, in fact I matched my personal best on Saturday morning. I've not been so good with the kettlebell workout on the alternate days. I really do intend to get back to using the kettlebell, in fact I plan on taking it on holiday with me as I won't have access to a crosstrainer where we're going. I'm also planning on taking my golf clubs, or a subset of them, as our holiday cottage is next to a golf course and I hope to get at least to rounds (of 9 holes) with my son. This will be in addition to the surfing lessons that ThinBlokeInside Minor & I will be having. There is also a big theme park nearby, so that will involve lots of walking too. All in all I expect to be doing quite a lot of exercise while we are on holiday, so hopefully I won't put on too much weight even though I'm not planning on being too strict with the weightwatchers plan.

I'll be back again next week to let you know if I've achieved my target of being under 16st 7lbs for my holiday (unfortunately the target that I set myself at the beginning of the year was under 15st 7lbs, but I missed that due to spending too much time hanging around on plateaus (maybe I should have reduced my fruit intake sooner).

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment