Tuesday 26 June 2012

Weigh-in - Week 52

Well this weekend was, as expected, filled with opportunities to over eat and over drink, as a result I have gained weight at this morning's weigh-in - 1.4lbs, which brings me back up to 17st 1lbs. I am a little annoyed with myself for going back above 17st, but I know that I will get back below that weight fairly soon, although tomorrow night's Wedding Anniversary meal out might not help!

As promised, here are some pictures to show my progress, the first of them was taken when we were on holiday at the beginning of June 2011, as you can see I'm just one big mountain of blubber. Unfortunately it wasn't until I saw this picture that I realised just how big I had become! I should warn readers, if they are offended by photographs of large men in boxer shorts, do not scroll down the page!

This is the picture that made me realise I had to do something!
These pictures were taken in my second week of Weight Watchers on July 2nd 2011, I'd already lost a few pounds, I weighed 20st 9lbs on my second weigh-in on 5th July, having started at exactly 21st.

 

And these ones were taken on Sunday 24th June 2012 and I weighed 16st 13lbs.

 

While I'm still clearly too big, I am very pleased with the progress I have made in the last 12 months - my moobs are significantly smaller, my belly doesn't bulge out quite so far, I have a neck between my head and my shoulders and my arms and legs are smaller.

It's been a long journey and my weight loss has definitely slowed down in the 2nd six months, but I am confident that, if I stick to the WeightWatchers plan, I can continue to lose weight and get down, eventually, to a weight that I am comfortable with. According to the BMI recommendations I need to get down to 13st 6lbs to be in the "normal" range, so I've still got a lot to lose!

See you all again next week and, I promise, I won't frighten the women & children with any more photo's!
















No comments:

Post a Comment