Wednesday 13 June 2012

Weigh-in - Week 50

Just a tiny loss of 0.4lbs this week, bringing my weight down to 16st13.2lbs. It's a little dissapointing as I had hoped to at leaset lose what I put on last week, but never mind - I'm still below 17st, which for me is quite an acheivement.

I have managed to restart my exercising and even managed a new personal best of 14.1 kilometers in 30 minutes on the Crosstrainer! Just remember, though, that distance on a crosstrainer bears no relationship to running distances - there is no way I could run sub 4 minute miles, especially not 8.5 of them in one go! I am still struggling to motivate myself to do the kettlebell exercises, though, hopefully I will regain the enthusiasm and get back on track with that too!

I phoned up my doctor's surgery yesterday for the results of the blood tests that I had last week and was told by the receptionist that all of my results were normal, with my cholesterol level being 4.8 (this is a good result as the last time I had my cholesterol levels tested, it was about 5.9, just on the edge of high). It would seem to me that the only explanation for my abnormally low resting heart rate is that I am, in fact, an athlete! I'm planning on uploading some photographs on my Week 52 blog, so you will be able to judge my athleticism for yourselves :-)

This weekend is likely to be another tricky one to to deal with - on Saturday I'm going to a barbeque in the afternoon, followed by a trip to The Mill at Sonning, which is a Dinner-Theatre, so lot's of opportunity to consume large quantnties of high points food! I will try and prepare for this by having a light breakfast of fruit. Luckily, as I expect to be driving to both events, I won't be drinking much beer or wine, so I'll have a number of weekly points available for the food.

I've been getting quite a few comments about my weight loss recently, mostly from people who haven't seen me for a while. This has been nice, except it always leads to the question "how much more do you want to lose" at which point I reply "oh, about 3 stone", my wife then chimes in with "No, you don't want to lose that much, you;ll be far to thin"! I then point out that even at 14stones I will still be classed as overweight. Eventually I just leave it at "well I see what I look and feel like as I get down towards that sort of weight". I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets those sort of comments from our wives/husbands/partners, but it can be a little annoying.

Anyway, that's anough of my gibberish for this week, I'll report back again next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just read your blog from start to finish !
    We are very similar in a lot of respects, except I am rubbish at maths ! You have me watching you now ! I am on WW at the mo, you can see my blog at
    http://chris-muffinsmuses.blogspot.co.uk/
    I have started couch to 5k last week, finished week one, and about to do the first of week 2 sometime today, but it's too warm at the moment, and running an extra half a minute per run is scaring me !

    ReplyDelete