Wednesday 2 May 2012

Weigh-in - Week 44

Well I'm really please this week as I have lost 3.8lbs to bring my current weight down to 17st 2lbs. I think this is probably my biggest loss since I started the Weightwatchers plan! I think the weight loss gods are trying to make up for the gain I had last week!

I've got a couple of mini-goals coming up:

  1. Get into the 16s (and also my 8th silver star). - just over 2lbs to go.
  2. 16st 11.2lbs - 20% from my starting weight - 4.8lbs to go.
So I'm hoping I can acheive them fairly soon - I had planned, a couple of weeks ago, to hit the first target by the end of May, perhaps I can hit the 2nd target by then? We shall see.

I also had a pretty good NSV this week - my wife bought me a couple of pairs of shorts (just in case we have a summer this year, she does like to be prepared). One pair had a 38" waist, while the other pair had a 36" waist, she was expecting to have to take the 36" ones back - I said no, it'll be the 38's that have to go. I was right :-) I was so pleased that I got a new pair of jeans too!

On the exercise front, I've continued with the Kettlebell routine, but I've now increased the press-ups to 7 reps on each circuit and am up to 25 seconds of the plank on each circuit. I've also ordered a heavier Kettlebell, which should arrive tomorrow. I'm really beginning to feel as though I'm acheiving a reasonable level of fitness now, although with all the blubber I'm carrying I don't expect any visible signs to show.

I've also cancelled my subscription to Weightwatchers as I've found an iPhone app that can track my points just as effectively as the WW app, but it doesn't cost me £10.00 per month. The points database seems to be a bit better too. I think Weightwatchers are not offering a big enough price differential between the online membership and the full membership to make online membership worthwhile when there are other resources available. I also think that they ought to offer a "couples" membership at a reduced rate as £20.00 per month for 2 people to access exactly the same resources is a bit steep in my opinion and must put a lot of partners off joining.

Anyway, bye for now - I'll be back again next week - will you?



No comments:

Post a Comment