Tuesday 22 May 2012

Weigh-in - Week 47

Well I never quite got around to posting last week, so my apologies for that. My excuse is that I was just so incredibly disheartened bythe fact that I had gained 2.4lbs since the previous week, putting me back up to 17st 4.2lbs!

This week I have lost most of that and i am now back down to 17st 2.4lbs, which, cosidering that I went out on Saturday night and had far too many beers, followed by sausage & chips on the way home, is not too bad. Not only that, but I ended up eating at a Burger King on Sunday afternoon (Cheddar & Bacon Angus Burger, if you must know), It's a shame really because my sneaky peak on Saturday morning had me weighing 17st 0.8lbs, but I'm am still pleased that I've lost most of that gain.

I tried something different yesterday for my pre-kettlebell warm up - I attempted to go backwards on the Croisstrainer! I have to say it is a really wierd sensation and I found it quite tricky. I had planned to do 5 minutes, but I had to stop after 2 as it was just too strange. I do think I will try to build up my time though as I'm sure it works the muscles in a different manner.

I've now increased the number of press-ups I do at the end of each kettlebell circuit to 10. I see this as a real acheivement as not long ago I really struggled to do 1. Overall I think my levels of fitness have got to be much better than they were when I started this nearly a year ago. I can tell this in that many of the everyday things I do that used to cause me to get out of breath and/or start sweating - like climbing a flight of stairs for example, no longer cause me any bother.

I do find it really annoying that my weight loss has really slowed down! I lost nearly 3 stones in the first six months, but have not quite lost a stone since January. On the bright side though, I am still on a downward trend and I shall do my best to remain on it for the next 12 months if that is what it takes!

I'll be back next week, hopefully much closer to my goal of being under 17stones by June (I think I may have to revise that to under 17stones by the middle of June).  'Till then, bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment