Tuesday 17 April 2012

Weigh-in - Week 42

Well I'm posting on time this week, which must mean that I have lost weight - 1.2lbs! I'm very pleased with that - it's not a big loss but, at the same time, it's big enough to be worthwhile. I could do with improving my average weekly loss to around 1.5lbs, as this is what I need to be doing to reach my, rather loose, target of about 15st 7lb by the time I go on holiday in August, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

This was made much easier by not having any food & drink related events to attend, so I was able to track correctly and ensured that I didn't overindulge - I was even able to have a couple of Scones with jam and Clotted Cream for my lunch on Saturday and still stay within my points allocation of 47 dailies plus 49 weeklies!

In fact this week was remarkably easy and I even managed to have 24 Weekly Points left over  by yesterday, I don't normally have so many at the end ofthe week, so this is something of an acheivement.

My exercising has also been going well, although I did miss out my Crosstrainer on Thursday, which I took as a rest day (I normally have my rest day on Sunday). I still managed to do 3 days on the Crosstrainer and 3 days using the kettlebell. In fact I've amended my kettlebell routine slightly by adding 5 press-ups and 15-20 seconds of "the plank" at the end of each set. I'm really very pleased about doing the press-ups as, not so long ago, I could barely manage 1, never mind 5 at a time. Obviously, as time goes on, I shall add more reps to the press-ups and more time to the planks (I started at 15 seconds a tome and am now doing 20 seconds, so I'm already improving).

I've come to the conclusion that the 7.5kg kettlebell is already too light, so I'm going to be looking for a heavier one at the beginning of May. I'll probably go up to 12kg as I don't want to run the risk of hurting myself if I'm getting any of the exercises wrong. If anyone wants to see what I'm doing with the kettlebell, I posted a link to the beginners routine I'm following in an earlier post, but here it is again:

Beginner's Kettlebell Workout

It seems like a reasonably safe introduction to the kettlebell, so I'm happy to continue with it but if anyone has any suggestions of anything better, please feel free to comment here on the blog or in my thread on the WeightWatchers Men's Arena.

That's all from me for this week, so 'till next time just keep on losing!

No comments:

Post a Comment