Tuesday 20 September 2011

Weigh-in - Week 12

Well this week I have recorded the biggest loss for some time - 3lbs, which brings me down to 19st 5.8lbs and earns me another "silver star"(I've now had 3 of them). In case you don't know, WeightWatchers awards a "silver star" for every 7lbs lost, I think that you actually get a badge if you go to the meetings, but as I'm doing WeightWatchers online I don't actually get the badge.

There haven't really been any hiccups along the way this week. I was expecting to use a lot of points on Sunday as I was expecting to have a few beers while watching England v Georgia at the rugby club, but the barman had a late night on Saturday and didn't turn up until the end of the first half, so I only had 1 pint to wash down the Full English Fry-up. This was the first proper fry-up I've had since starting WeightWatchers and, I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed it (as I should have for 30 points!). I'm looking forward to another one at Saturday's match against Romania.

My excercising has also been going well and the walk to and from the rugby club will have helped to take care of some of the points I consumed with the breakfast. It was a little cold on Sunday morning though, so I am beginning to think that I am going to need to join the local Gym over the winter period. It's going to get harder to motivate myself to go gor my walks when it starts to get cold, dark and wet in the morning and, as winter draws closer, it's going to start getting too cold to use the Crosstrainer in the garage too. On the upside, if I do start to use the gym, I will probably introduce some additional, or more varied, activities to my workouts and I'll be able to use a treadmill, so I might start to do the Couch 2 5K program.

My body shape is definitely beginning to change:

                                       Start                         Now               Loss

Neck:                              48cm                        45cm                3cm
Chest:                            131cm                      122cm               9cm
Calves:                           50cm                         47cm               3cm
Waist:                            118cm                       114cm              4cm
Upper Arms:                   41cm                        37cm               4cm
Thighs:                            62cm                        60cm               2cm

I have now started wearing a 40" jeans, which were always a bit snug when I first go them but now fit me quite nicely. It just goes to show how innacurate jeans sizes are though - 114cm is 44inches! Although I do tend to let my belly hang over the top of my belt, so I guess the waist of the jeans is below my waist. Anyway I'm now looking forward to losing more next week, good luck with your weight losses.

No comments:

Post a Comment