Wednesday 11 July 2012

Weigh-in - Week 54

A great result this week, I've lost 3lbs which brings my weight down to 16st 11lbs and means that I have now lost just over 20% of my starting weight! My daily points allowance has now reduced to 45.

Hopefully this means I have fallen of the edge of the annoying plateau that I was stuck on, but only time, and next week's weigh-in, will tell.

The last week has been a bit easier to deal with as there were no special events to cause me to overindulge in the beer & food. I even managed to get back into the normal routine on my crosstrainer (although I still haven't got back into the kettlebell routine).

On Monday of this week I was fitted with a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours, this is so that the cardiologist can, hopefully, find out why my resting heart rate is so slow (45bpm) and if there is anything I should be concerned about. I purposely elected to have it fitted on Monday morning so that I would still be wearing it when I used the crosstrainer on Tuesday morning, this was so that I could be sure that my most intense workout was included as, apart from it beating very fast, I have no idea what my heart is doing when I use the crosstrainer. I probably ought to wear a heart rate monitor when I train, just to ensure that I'm not overdoing it. I should get the results of the monitoring at the end of next week.

As you may have noticed, I am my customary day late with this posting, so I can tell you that I started off this new week's tracking with a bit of a points splurge - it was the member's tour night at my local brewery, so I ended up having 5 pints of very fine ale, which unfortunately adds up to 30 points! I'm now limited to 25 weeklies for this coming weekend, this could be tricky! I guess I'll probably end up dipping into the activity points, so I must make sure that I continue to use the crosstraner this week.

Time to set some new mini-goals, I guess:

16st 10lbs - 60lbs lost.
16st 07lbs - 9 "Silver 7's".
15st 13.9lbs - under 16st.
15st 10.5lbs - 25% of my starting weight lost.
15st 05lbs - my previous lowest adult weight (at 30 years old).

That's all for now folks, I'll be back next week,

No comments:

Post a Comment